Traders are meant to trade with caution as many people are now operating in disguise in order to extort money from desperate investors.
Crypto mistakes are startlingly common, and if one is not careful one can easily become victim of scam which will lead to loss of savings.
Here are steps one needs to consider in order to avoid mistake in crypto currency.
Six important mistakes to avoid
1. Don’t rush to buy because the price is low, Low prices do not always represent bargains. Sometimes prices are low for a reason. So always look out for cryptocurrencies with falling user rates. In some cases, too many developers leave a project and it stops getting properly updated, making the cryptocurrency insecure.
2. Fraudster sometimes contact the victims by email or text with an “investment opportunity”. They promise to give investors double or triple the amount they have put into bitcoin if they send their cryptocurrency to a particular digital wallet.
Always take into consideration that offers of free money should always be viewed with great scepticism.
Criminals are so smart that they can easily inflate or deflate the price of very small or unknown cryptocurrencies, by creating fake buy or sell orders and sometimes sending the value of the currencies skyrocketing by hundreds of per cent at a time.
And traders rush in to it thinking is an opportunity to make double money just in the process the criminals cancel the orders which they were never going to fulfil in the first place and in some cases that can cause the price to crash.
Criminals often own a lot of a particular cryptocurrency (through pre-mining much of it before it is available to the general public).
They usually increase the price by promoting it on social media, then selling it on crypto exchanges at the higher price. Then they disappear.
Before you rush any thing of that nature ensure you do your investigation and finding to avoid being victim of such fraud.
3.Malicious wallet software, As a trader ensure you are conversant with crypto wallets, such as Ledger, Trezor, Exodus or MetaMask. Which are tested and trusted in the area of trading. So in such cases when you come across names like Dodgy or unknown wallets on Google Play Store or the App Store run as fast as you can if not it could steal your funds with dodgy code.
Be careful on how you go about your online dealings because we have Fake coins everywhere. With so many cryptocurrencies on the market, it can be difficult to tell what’s real and what’s not.
Remember that when you invest in fake coins, criminals can steal your identity and often your hard-earned money. They can do this through
a means call.
phishing persuading you to click on links in emails that install spyware on your computer.
So be wise and read carefully. Don’t take anyone else’s word for it and use as many sources as possible to do your own research.
5. Avoid some of the more suspect trading platforms suggest you should maximize your money by betting as much as possible especially the one that appears on your screen from time to time. It is a fast way to the poor house.
A good crypto investment tips would be to only use a certain proportion of your investing capital
6. Don’t take crypto for get rich quick scheme
Making money is not easy so never set your mindset on believing that making money is easy because there is nothing easy about making money through trading any kind of financial asset, be it stocks and shares, commodities like silver and gold, or cryptocurrency.
7. Keep your crypto wallet keyphrase save and never share or forget it, If you have a hardware wallet for storing your crypto offline, forgetting your keyphrase is like losing the keys to a bank vault.
Without your keyphrase, all your cryptos will be irretrievable.
So in order to avoid such mistake ensure you are up to date with your keyphrase, if not you will make the mistake of loosing your money.
Hope this was helpful. Kindly share.