Chromebooks storage space is mostly cloud-based for added convenience. You can use them for everything, almost as much as a computer, but what if you want to use Skype on Chromebook?
There are two ways to use Skype on Chromebook.
How to install and run Skype on Chromebook?
How to use Skype on the Chromebook using the browser
Chrome OS is all web-based, so using the browser is an easy way to get things done. Here’s how to use Skype for Chromebook via the Chome browser:
- Open your Chrome browser.
- Go to the Skype website.
- Click the Chat Now button.
- Log in using your username (or email account or phone number) and password.
Once you’re signed in, you’re done. You are now ready to use Skype to chat with friends, use videos, add new contacts, and everything you usually do, with a Chromebook.
How to use Skype on the Chromebook using the Android app
Although Skype is not included in the package, most modern Chromebooks now support Android apps, which means you can simply go to Google Play and download it!
- Go to the Google Play Store and download Skype.
- Follow the basic installation instructions.
- Once installed, you should find Skype in the app menu (that little circle on the bottom left).
- Open the app, log in and you’re ready!