Sometimes we need to know what the IP address of our Windows 10 computer is, either to make a connection or other configuration that we want to make.
Now to run Windows 10 System Computer IP address lookup , it is somewhat detective but not difficult to perform in easy steps. For this reason, in this article we will be giving you some tricks so that you can easily find the local IP address in Windows 10.
Is the IP of your WiFi network and your computer the same?
Indeed, the IP address of your Wi-Fi network and that of your computer are totally different. This is because the IP address of your computer is already pre-established just like any other device such as a phone or a tablet, these devices have the IP address established so that they can be identified when connected to an internet network. .
On the other hand, the Wi-Fi IP address is the one given to a computer, be it a computer, phone or tablet to which a wireless connection can be made. That is, each of these computers has its own IP, but when connecting to a private Wi-Fi network, this network will assign a different IP address to each computer that will allow it to navigate safely within the Internet network.
How to differentiate them?
One of the ways to differentiate the local IP address of your PC with the Wi-Fi IP address, will be through searching for the local IP before establishing a connection with the Wi-Fi network.
Where can you locate the local IP address of your PC?
To find the IP of your computer in the Windows 10 system, you can perform two totally different methods, but they will take you to the information you are looking for. The methods that you will apply will be very simple and you will have the information in a matter of minutes.
Also, let’s remember that by finding our local IP on the PC , it will allow some configurations to be executed , either to establish a connection to the Internet service or another procedure. Apart from finding the IP of your PC, right there you will be able to find some very important information to know about your Windows.
You can find the IP address of your PC through the task manager as long as you do the steps correctly, the steps you need to follow:
- Enter the Windows menuwhich is located at the bottom left of the screen which is represented by the Windows flag.
- In the search bar type “Task Manager”.
- Then select on “Task Manager”.
- Now a pop-up window will appear where it will provide you with information about the performance of your PC, but in which you will have to select the “File” option.
- Once you have clicked on the file, you must click on “Run new task”.
- Next, a pop-up window will appear where you must write the following command “ipconfig”.
- Later, another pop-up window will appear with information about Windows IP Configurationand there you can find the IP address of your PC which is registered as “IPv4 Address”.
From the configuration utility
Other ways to find the IP of your Windows PC will be through the configuration option and it is also a very simple process to perform and these are the steps:
- Click on the Windows menu or the Windows flag in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Select the settings option.
- Now click on “Network and Internet”.
- Then go into the connection option whether you are using Wifi or Ethernet.
- Next, click on the name of the connection network you are using.
- Now scroll to the properties section and there you will find the IP address of your PC as IPv4 Address .
Learn how to configure the IP address of your computer
Apart from looking for the IP address of your PC, you can also configure it manually in Windows 10 and what you have to do is very simple. Now what you should do is the following:
The first thing we must do is place the mousse cursor on the internet connection icon that is located in the lower right part of the screen next to the PC volume option.
There it will appear represented either with the Wifi symbol if that is the connection you have or if it does not, it will appear with the icon of a computer screen that is the cable connection. Already located there, you must right click and then click on the option to open the network and sharing center.
Then a pop-up window will appear with information about the connection you have established and there you must select the network you have connected that is in the “Connection” section on the right. Once again another pop-up window will appear in which detailed information about your connection will appear and in this window you will be able to configure the IP address by entering “Properties” at the bottom of the window.
Subsequently, another pop-up window will appear that will have information about the properties of the connected network and in which you must double click on “ Internet Protocol version 4 (TCP/IPv4) ”. Now a pop-up window will appear where you can configure your IP address and for this you must select the option “Use the following IP address” so that you can give the option to configure manually.
Once you have selected the option, you must fill in the information requested to make the correct configuration of the IP and after you have entered the data you will have to accept and the configuration of your IP will be ready.